5.31.2009

Ona's Beach



I don't even have a real update or many new photos but I just need to write and um vent.  AND let me preface this by saying I love being a mom and I love Caroline DEARLY no matter what but um here goes.....

WHEN DID CAROLINE BECOME A CRAZY TODDLER? AND WHAT IS THIS CRAP?  WHEN IS SHE GOING TO BE SWEET AND LOVING AGAIN? 

Okay, I'm kinda better...but seriously...WHAT HAPPENED?   She's nuts.  I can't explain it other than that...she's nuts and I (well both Dave and I) are EXHAUSTED!   She's waking up at 5:30 a.m. and there's no laying in bed and cuddling with mommy and daddy..its full on, 100% turbocharged Caroline and she is ready for her Yobaby Milk (MILK DADDY) and toys and WHATEVER else she wants.    So with lots of coffee running through our veins, we're pushing through the early mornings and I swear by bedtime, we're both exhausted and can't even speak (which of course is great for a marriage LOL).   

She's obsessed with being outside.   I love it too but sometimes, mommy needs her to be inside and you would think that I tore out each finger nail one by one.   BLOODY murder screams and tantrums...and I've decided to just let her do it or distract her but wow.    She's also seeming to be one of those kids who is never really content doing any one thing.  Its a constant tornado and I spend alot of time chasing her.  At the same time, its great and I love how active and interested in the world she is, but its tiring nonetheless.  

Yesterday we went to Ona's Beach (aka Fiona's house where there is a pool) and she had multiple meltdowns and the last one resulted in me calling Dave and asking her to come get her so I could go take a break.   haha.  Am I terrible? I might be...but I just needed a break.   You know, the first year is so easy when I think back and you are never really prepared for this and how can you be really?  I know we'll all get through it and much of it is growing pains but its hard while you're in it.   Tonight she was super tired which doesn't add to it but every once in a while I get a little love and a few cuddles and it makes me feel better.   

So today we went to Ona's Beach again and she was playing so nicely with Fiona in the baby pool  and was running around like crazy and having fun...then the meltdown happened when she wasn't allowed to go in the big pool area..and its always great when your baby thrusts herself down on the concrete!   So we came home....tried for a nap, failed...and did dinner (per her demand....and she threw most of her applesauce at me)....and now she's my beautiful sleeping angel..until tomorrow at 5:30.  Tomorrow is a new day...right?

Ahhhh, parenting :) 



3 comments:

Sweet Treats and Baby Feet said...

oh she reminds me so much of jack with the busy thing and not liking one thing. not to scare but it gets worse! take as many breaks as you need! it is so hard to be patient and without any time off it's impossible. hang in there and bring her over to play!!! they can destroy my house together:) ps remember when your house when clean?!

Jennifer Battjer said...

Oh really, the first year was easy? I'm screwed. I love the applesause comment. cracked me up. I think I need to stop reading your blog... this will be me in 5 months except there will be a newborn attached to my boob. Hmmmm how is that going to work?

The Neal Family said...

Ah, Jen you will be FINE! I think you just go with it.

My friend Natalie's boys are 13 months apart and the first is totally like Caroline and the second just goes with the flow and is much more laid back. I'm sure she's worn out but she seems to be doing amazingly AND she works full time!!

What's the difference between a year or two years apart really? We'll all be in the same boat eventually :)