5.27.2009

SUMMER!!!!


So yeah, I pretty much stink at blogging these days!

We've just been so super busy with the houses (both the rental property and our current house are on the market)! Dave installed a hardwood floor all by himself :) and we did a ton of painting at the townhouse. It took longer than we expected though but its basically finished now! While all that work was done, Caroline had to be super patient and get shuffled in and outta the car and on errands with mommy alot...lots of trips to the town house etc. The one great thing is that at the townhouse we get full access to the pool which is great. We spent most of the weekend there over Memorial Day and she LOVES it! She's fearless with the water which has its positives and negatives. But I guess its better that she likes it than if she didn't. Will make the summer a little more enjoyable for mommy and daddy!


She's talking up a storm...singing Twinkle Twinkle and the Alphabet...she watches us intently and listens to what we say and then mimics it. She's also developing a sense of humor which I love. She banters back and forth with me on things and giggles when I mock what she's doing. She thinks that getting hurt is HYSTERICAL (banging her head into walls, chairs etc)....


She's also developing quite a temper and I'm wrestling with how to discipline b/c she is pretty young still but I tell her NO, hitting/kicking mommy is NOT nice...then she says 'NOT NICE MOMMY'...so thats working well ;)


She is always asking for her Papa, Nana, Bert, Reese, Chris, Grandma and Bob Bob. She is attaching to her dolls and stuffed animals and likes to play with them and talk to them. Napping is going really well (though we're still in between one nap and two..but we just 'go with it'). Her hair is getting super long and she knows to sit still while mommy does it so she can look PRETTY. :)


She loves all of her shoes and likes to try on mommy and daddy's shoes as well. She ALSO made one big discovery which is her private area....yeah she says "MOMMY - JJ". She tells us when she's going poo poo and hides. She has peed on the floor a few times when I didn't get the diaper on fast enough and looked totally stunned and said PP...so I"m glad she's starting to recognize what she's doing. I talk to her about the potty and I might buy one soon just to show her and continue to talk about until she's ready (perhaps in the fall).


So thats all thats going on in our world. Sorry for the long delay between updates yet again. Life is too busy for this stuff but I love having it as a record of her growing up. So much for a baby book :( I didn't do one of those...BUT I did find her stuff from the hospital the other day including her hat with the bow on it from Virtua. Gosh, I can't believe she was that little. Makes that itch for #2 slightly stronger!
xxoo,
S

1 comment:

alisson boyd said...

Oh my gosh, the "JJ" has me cracking up!! It's great that she's so aware of her pee pee and poo poo. Maybe she'll be potty trained early :) Where is the townhouse? Where are you planning on moving when your house sells? Does Caroline wear floaties on her arms when she swims? I started Emma in them when she was an infant and she was swimming on her own by the time she turned two. It seemed to work really well for her. Maybe since Caroline isn't afraid of the water, you'll have the same luck with them! We will be down the week of June 20-27th. Put us on your calendar!!