2.01.2009

ONE



I can NOT believe she's ONE.  I blinked and the days of swaddling, nursing, burping, and just being totally 'needy of mommy' are gone.   I must admit, I am emotional today thinking about all that has gone on this year and just how much life has changed for us!    Caroline's bday party was great and so much fun.  She walked all over the place and smashed cake in her hair and on her face, just like she was supposed to.   She played with her friends and kind of shared her toys ;)  She got tons of wonderful things from her friends and family and was just totally loved.  It was great.   

Our playroom is finally finished and Dave and I are loving it.  We spend all of our time down here playing and hanging out...its so great.   Caroline is super lucky to have a daddy who can build her special playrooms.  Let me tell you.   

So last night we had a bout of night terrors....WTH!!!!  She was up twice and screaming like no other.  I was freaked out and didn't know if she had a tummy ache or what was going on but I just remembered Natalie telling me about Shane having them and I deduced that Caroline wasn't even awake when it was going on.   I was rocking her and holding her and kept thinking about last year at this time.   I felt like she really needed her mommy again....so I was secretly glad I was needed in that way again.  HA.  

This week Caroline starts going to her new babysitter's - Miss Megan's house.  Megan has a little boy Michael who is turning 3 on Valentines Day and a little girl Madeline who is 6 months.   Caroline and one other little girl will be going to Megan's house two days a week while I go to work and I think we've found a really special situation and its just the right next step for us.   I think Caroline will have a great opportunity to learn to share and play with others and also still get the attention that she needs from the more one on one environment and intimate care.   I feel really good about it but I am a little nervous about the first few weeks.   I'm also very sad to see Miss Dot go b/c Caroline adores her so much and she's become such a part of our lives.   She came to the bday party and when she walked in the door, Caroline automatically went up to her and did the sign for milk.  Pretty cute I must admit.  Christine also called Miss Dot, "Miss Dot" which is just great.   She felt right at home :)

So anyway....
Here are some pictures of the bday party and I've posted a slideshow of her first year on Facebook and hopefully it embeds here as well.    Enjoy.  







3 comments:

Sweet Treats and Baby Feet said...

Happy birthday to Caroline! The first year goes so fast:) About the night terrors...Jack has them, too and they are awful. It's horrible to see your baby unconsolable and out of it. I noticed a huge increase in them when he was drinking milk. We cut out cows milk completely at about 14 months and switched to soy and he really doesn't have many any more. I also notice that if does have one it was a day where he was overtired and off of his schedule or he consumed too much dairy. Not sure if you wanted any advice or an opinion but I thought I would throw it out there:)

The Banta Family said...

That was the best slideshow ever. I have tears streaming down my face and I still can't believe we haven't met! I can't wait to meet her and I can't wait for you all to meet Charlie!

Jennifer Battjer said...

Happy Birthday Caroline! Wow time does fly... I remember when I first started blogging I was pregos and Caroline was like 4 months or something! GEEZ! Love the slideshow. You have one beautiful little girl!