2.24.2009

Big Fun!!!


Just a little update on our sweet girl.  First of all I can't believe that we'll be 13 months on Sunday!  WHERE is the time going?   Caroline has had a rough few weeks...first the ear infection and then this weekend we had a fever of 102 on and off all weekend!  She has a cold to go with it but I REALLY think her teeth are bothering her.  Its just so hard to know.  When we visited the doctor last thursday she got an all clear on the ear infections but now I'm just baffled.  This evening she acted more like herself but this afternoon was NOT pretty.   The ironic thing about when you have a sick kid, is that they just want to be held, by their mommy and selfishly that is so nice, esp when you have a crazy toddler who won't sit still for a minute but it just really lets you know that something just ain't right!   So anyway...we're dealing. 

Caroline has a ton of new words every day....and is really putting things together and making sense of things.  She can finally SAY 'Elmo' and its basically something that we hear all day and often it is accompanied by pointing to the TV.  NOT GOOD SARA...NOT GOOD!  She says 'hot dog' b/c she eats her special nitrate free turkey dogs (for all you moms who think I'd be nuts giving my kid a normal hot dog...I will hold out for at least another 6 months on that - then its fair game)....anyway, the other night we asked her what she was eating and she said "WOOF WOOF WOOF"....ah ALSO not good!  LOL 

Today she learned the word Bert...not in reference to the character OR her Uncle but she can say it, so we'll make sure she knows WHO Bert actually is next time we see him (this weekend I hope)! 
She has learned how to point out someone's Nose, Eyes, Ears, Mouth, Tongue, Teeth....That is one of my favorite games b/c it gets her to sit still on my lap for .5 seconds.   ha!
She calls all kids 'baby', says HIIIII Mama and HIIIIII Dada every morning and kicks us out of her room at naptime and bed time by saying BYEEEEE NI NIGHT!   She's just like her mommy and daddy.  We love going to sleep at night! 

Naps are still going pretty well....she's loving her playroom, her babysitter, her blankie, her two fingers (pointer and middle right hand) and loves playing "This little Piggy" and will do the sign for 'again' over and over and over until you're totally sick of it.  Sandra Boynton books are our favorites....Pajama Time, Going to Bed Book, What's Wrong Little Pookie, The Belly Button Book, Not the Hippopotamus, and Fifteen Animals to name a few.  That woman is a genius....the books are so silly and I often think she's high on something when she writes them but they 'get us' every time.   I love that Caroline signs for "more" books every night and enjoys reading with mommy and daddy.   We've been reading "Brown Bear, Brown Bear What do you See" lately and she loves the Black Sheep and how her daddy says BAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....so now she does it too.  Classic :) 

So, back to sign language....she says 'more' finally when she does the sign (it sounds like MO and its super cute) and she does the sign for help, again and eat when she wants to eat.   ALL of which are very helpful.  The sign for milk doesn't happen that often anymore b/c she really doesn't ask for it ever, we just make her have it!  Oh and she does this funny water sign that she kind of made up but we know what it means and now so does her babysitter so we're all good!   I have to say, I am very glad I did the signing with her b/c it has helped us understand her needs so much.   Beth said that Fiona signed for more cheese the other day and I can only imagine the excitement Beth felt.  I was doing cartwheels the first time I saw a sign!  So yay Fiona..you go girl! 

I am so ready for it to be spring...sick of piling coats and hats on the kid and jamming her into a car seat with about six inches of PUFFINESS in between.   Its horrible.  Every time we get in the car, I turn around and ask Caroline what we do when its cold out and she says 'BURRRRRRRRRRRRR'.    Its the best...and so is the fact that I can see her little smiling face behind me now when I turn around!  Turning ONE is the best!!!!

xxxooo,  S 



1 comment:

Jennifer Battjer said...

It sounds like you have a very smart little girl on your hands! She is so beautiful... and her personality just sounds adorable!