3.10.2009

First Hospital Visit and Tractor Rides


Hi everyone!  Wow I haven't updated in a while yet again but this time I have excuses.   Caroline was so super sick for so long...last weekend was horrible and we spent saturday night in the ER at Virtua due to a 105.6 fever.   They have no idea what caused it and said it was just viral (after doing a catheter to determine her urine was clear) and low and behold we woke up last Sunday and the fever was gone.   I was a lunatic and thank god for my mom and dad who came to the ER to comfort me and Dave.  Seeing your kid sad and hurt is just horrible and it was my first real 'parenting experience' of the sort.  At any rate, we had a rough weekend but we survived and it took us a while to get BACK ON TRACK! 

But that we are now and this weekend we spent Saturday night at Great Granny and Great Grandpa's house in PA.   It was so fun and Caroline had her first tractor ride.   I still remember doing that as a kid myself so it was really fun to see her do it.  

She's got her appetite back which is great after a few weeks of wanting to do nothing but drink milk but now we're having major POO POO issues these days.  Its always something isn't it moms?  I'm cutting down on milk to see if that works.  We will see...okay sorry for TMI about baby poos.  ha

She seems to be very happy and is changing every day.  I swear I look at these pics and I wonder how I have a toddler?  WHEN did that happen?  I want to freeze time and make her stay this pint size forever.   

Here are some recent pics and I"m sorry for the short post.  I am so tired!!!!  Daylight Savings time is still making me feel all 'off'.   
Enjoy the pics. 














7 comments:

Denise said...

That must have been horrible. I would be freaking out too, I get crazy when Ayden gets a little fever. I cannot believe how big Caroline is...time really does fly and she is absolutely beautiful.

Sweet Treats and Baby Feet said...

Poor baby! Hospital trips are the worst...they look so pitiful when they are on the beds there. I hear you about the poo issues. Jack started having really loose (sorry if tmi) poos at about 15 months and I stopped the milk and the problem stopped (he was also having night terrors and these stopped too). I have slowly been letting him have some cheese and yogurt and so far so good. Good luck and let me know how it goes!

Sweet Treats and Baby Feet said...

How are her night terrors?

The Neal Family said...

Our poo issues are the OPPOSITE! She is signing for help when she goes...so sad.
Haven't had any night terrors in a while and I just give her about 10 oz of milk a day. Hopefully they don't pick up again...they seem to be worse when she's all of schedule and over tired.
Thanks for the advice/support.

Jennifer Battjer said...

OMG that is a high fever! Poor thing! I would've been a wreck! :( Glad she is feeling better. She's so damn cute.

alisson boyd said...

so sorry to hear about caroline going to the hospital. i know how scary that can be :( i'm glad to hear that she's all better. one of these days i'll start blogging again. i've been spending way too much time on facebook!

Christine said...

Bert and I would like a new posting please. Tractor rides were like 3 weeks ago.
Thanks.
C