4.01.2009

Crazy Caroline in Full Affect






Well hello there blog readers!  I'm back.   I can't promise I'll be updating in under two weeks again but for now I'm back.  ha! 
I guess life has just gotten away from me with work and family and everything else!  I think I am just so tired at night that sitting down to type about our day seems hard to do but then I remembered how much I love looking back at what I wrote LAST April to see how much she's changed and I thought I better get back to doing this more regularly. 
Anyway, we are having so much fun.  It feels like we have conversations with Caroline now.  Tonight it was just the two of us since Dave is in NYC for work and we talked about her owl doll and how he says HOO HOO and she'll look at me and say really inquisitively, "OWL? HOO HOO?"  It's great.   She's such a little person.   She's learned to say most of our family's names and we've been working on the West Coasters b/c we're going to see them this weekend.    I think my two favorite though are Reese and Bert.   Last night at dinner she called everyone Reese but thats okay.   She finally figured out how to say Grandpa for her Great Grandpa and it comes out Gampaww.  

She is getting a new tooth on the top...um last night it was bleeding.  NOT fun.  She has a horrible cold and both of those combined make for a pleasant kid....rrrrrrright!   She's running these days and loves playing with any kind of ball we put in front of her.  She kicks, throws....I'm hoping she's more athletically inclined than I was (Jill SHUT UP).   

Caroline's loves these days are:
Goldfish crackers (who doesn't love those)
Blueberries
Sweet Potatoes (they went out for a while and now are back in)
Oranges
Animal crackers
Raisins

Hates:
Cold milk in a sippy cup...loves drinkable yogurt in a cup and milk in a bottle just not milk in a cup ARGH
Not sure what else she hates...she seems to eat everything we give her.  She even stole cole slaw from my moms plate at ponzios.  foul. 


Last Friday we had a playdate with her BFF Fiona...well I thought they were BFF's until I learned that Fiona is not really such a fan of Caroline's grimey little mits all over her.   Beth was working on her new house so I watched both girls.   Caroline was being so bad b/c she wanted my attention...Fiona was crying b/c Caroline kept sitting on her or taking whatever she was playing with.   I had both girls crying at the same time and by the time Beth came to get Fiona I felt like a complete failure....total ragamuffin.  But we'll try again.   I did manage to get one shot of the girls 'kind of' playing together.  Fiona would tap on the drum and really be enjoying herself and then big bad bossy Caroline would come in and pound louder or scream THUNDER and make her friend cry.  ah, girls. :)   oh and ali and jill, HOW DO YOU DO IT?????????  i had two kids on my hips and then was stuck b/c i couldn't open a door!  haha


Well anyway, enjoy the photos.  We're heading to DC this wknd for  a fun family visit.  Much love and I promise to keep posting. 

3 comments:

alisson boyd said...

so glad to get an update on caroline! how is she already big enough to be conversing and running and eating animal crackers?! i can't believe that claire will be there in a few months. i totally agree with you about how neat it is to go back and read old blogs-it makes it worthwhile. but it is sooooo hard to motivate my butt to sit down and write something. ugh! we are going to be up in NJ in june and i can't wait to get the kids together again :)

Sweet Treats and Baby Feet said...

i am so glad that you updated,too! I love the pics of your beautiful little one and I did lol at the comment about your athletic abilities:) we keep saying that we need a playdate but let's really pick a date. I think Caroline and Jack could give each other a run for the money!!!

Jennifer Battjer said...

Lol...i would've loved to see this while you were watching both girls! too funny :) Great to read the update on Caroline!