4.07.2009

Talking, Dancing and Snoring


So our weekend in Georgetown was a blast...yet tiresome.   Sleeping in a hotel room WITH a baby really wears you out.   Its just not the same bc they sleep so lightly and you hear every little noise that they make AND Caroline snores...at one point I yelled at Dave to stop snoring and then he told me it was her...woops!   So anyway we came home on Sunday and Caroline slept for 12 hrs and then took 4 hours of naps on Monday.   I think we're caught up now :)

We had tons of fun with the family and Caroline had a good time in the hotel.  She really takes a while to warm up to people and get familiar enough to be herself..Dave and I are both the same way so I guess she's got both of us coming out in her in that way.   She adores her Papa (my dad) and we're convinced he has 'baby nip' in his pocket or something.  She asks for him all day long even when we're not with him and when he was next door to us in the hotel she'd wake up looking for him.  Its super cute and melts my heart :).   The kid has good taste...what can I say?!

So Caroline is talking up a storm....she says Please, Thank you and You're Welcome and uses them all in the right context which amazes me.   She's helping us read books at night doing the sound effects etc and knows the animal sounds of a cow, horse, sheep, pigs, ducks, dogs, cats, birds (my favorite b/c its tweet tweet tweet) and a lion (another favorite b/c its a really soft roar).   We ask her the animal sounds every day and she likes to play along. 

We went cold turkey yesterday and we're FINISHED with bottles.  Its sad...my baby is so grown up!!!   BUT, she was drinking too much milk and though she doesn't love getting it from a sippy cup, we'll get there.  She chugs everything else from the cup but just resists on the milk.  So she's eating lots of yogurt and cheese etc to fill in.   Any advice on how to get her dairy would be nice mamas!!  Anyone else have that problem of not drinking the milk? I have to say though that I am SO happy to be done with bottles...for now!  

Caroline is loving Mickey Mouse Club House (particluarly the Hot Dog Song and Dance) and Tigger and Pooh these days.  We hardly ever watch Sesame Street anymore....sometimes though...but she's really into the others and I love how she dances.  She shakes her booty and does twirls and bounces up and down.   AH...we have so much fun! She squeals dog dog when she wants to do the dance.  

She's repeating everything we say...My mom told her she could have something tomorrow and she looked at her and said "amorrow?"....SUCH a little PERSON!  When did it happen?  

Well anyway, I don't have the new pics from the wknd uploaded yet but wanted to update for all my followers.   :)   

xo, s



4 comments:

alisson boyd said...

lol on the snoring. that's too funny! sleeping in a hotel room with babies is the worst!! i totally feel your pain. i can't believe that caroline is talking so much already..is she still signing a lot also? she's getting so grown up...looks like it's almost time for another baby ;) i think that yogurt and cheese are a great way to give her dairy. and there is always chocolate milk :) nothing like getting them addicted to sugar at an early age. haha. my friend had the same problem and her dr. actually told her that frozen waffles are loaded with calcium and to give her baby those if she was refusing milk. random, huh?

Sweet Treats and Baby Feet said...

so glad you updated! i really think caroline is talking early! i don't remember the repeating thing happening so young in this house. jack doesn't drink milk at all and it doesn't seem to be an issue. i think dairy is really overrated! brooke is still breastfeeding, almost done though, and I am not going to give her any cow's milk. cheese, yogurt and actually broccoli has lots of vitamin D. she will be fine:)

Denise said...

I just stopped giving Ayden formula and I have the same problem. He really wants the milk, but only in the bottle. I have tried to put it in a sippy and he just won't drink it. That is really weird. I still give him a bottle at night with the milk and give him a lot of yogurt and cheese during the day. Let me know how it goes, so I know what to do later...

The Neal Family said...

So she NOW will drink her milk from a sippy...its so weird. She just realized I guess, that she wasn't gonna get it so she's fine with it from a sippy cup!
Much easier than I thought it would be!!!!

Thanks for the advice girls :)