Well we had a wonderful wknd of cleaning (I know pathetic) and just HANGING out! It was perfect. This weekend starts the marathon season of weddings that we have and a series of sleepovers and such for Miss Caroline.
This weekend is also her Christening so we're trying to coordinate some of those details all the while trying to keep trucking ahead with our busy schedules. BUT not for long, effective Friday, I no longer work full time! Two days a week I will be in the office and then home the rest with only about 5 more hours to do at home. Its perfect.
Dave got gymboree classes for me and Caroline for my bday so we're gonna get going on that stuff next week! I can't wait.
Dave got gymboree classes for me and Caroline for my bday so we're gonna get going on that stuff next week! I can't wait.
Caroline's new thing is making 'O' sounds. She likes the way her mouth turns when she makes them and she likes the sound so all day long its ooooooooooooh, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I think its so funny. She's also starting to laugh a bit more and not be so stingy. When she's deliriously tired she'll giggle as she's falling asleep. Especially if she's being rocked and I nibble her hands or something. Its one of those things I hope that I never forget. I probably will be I am going to try not to.
The hardest thing to do in our house these days is getting Caroline in a new diaper and getting her dressed. Miss Dot put it well and said, its kind of like dressing a wild boar. I have tried all sorts of bribes to take her attention away from wanting to move but it doesn't work. Some mornings we have full out screaming matches and bed time is just the worst. I need to find jammies with zippers. Snaps are torture!!!
We baby proofed this weekend so now Caroline is crawling all over and can't get into too much trouble. The biggest issue we have is that she always wants to stand and if you take your eyes off of her for ONE second you might miss her pulling herself up on the couch and she's not QUITE strong enough yet to stay there for a long while by herself. We fall sometimes but its to be expected I guess...but boy does she pour on the tears when she sees her mommy.
D R A M A!
I HAVE NO NEW PICS...TONS TO COME THOUGH AFTER THE CHRISTENING!
3 comments:
Ahh.. cleaning and hanging out at home... that sounds like an amazing weekend!!!! Can't believe Caroline is crawling! Wow.. that's crazy! So you still have weddings? Our wedding madnesswas over about a year ago... actually i take that back... most of chris's high school friends aren't married yet!
its my friends from work who are a few years younger than us and my sister in law and then my brother!!! craziness!
yeah you guys will start again soon. i heart lila. can't wait to meet her.
Sara
I love your writing. I wish we had this stuff when you guys were babies! I could have used it! Anyway, a suggestion about the squiggeling when your trying to dress Caroline, I would look up and focus my attention elsewhere and yell out something...Like..ok, we will be there in a minute! OR Yes, whose there, can I help you? Just talking out loud to somebody else (even though there is no one there). Caroline will divert her attention to what your paying attention to and stop squiggeling. Hope it works for you, it did for me!
Post a Comment