This weekend was fun. It was Great Grandpa's 75th Birthday on Saturday. He had a cake with NO candles b/c 75 is too many. :) It was a nice party and I'm sure we pooped out Great Granny but it was nice to all be together. Caroline was such a trooper and hung out in her race car and just took in all the new faces. She especially loved when Great Aunt Betty sang songs to her.
Yesterday we started classes for Caroline's baptism. So Nana and Papa babysat her while we were out and she cried most of the time. I'm trying to practice leaving her so I can be ready for the big wedding trip in November. Its so hard to leave her knowing that she's upset so hopefully this practice will really help and if not, there's always drugs right?! JK, kind of.
This weekend is my birthday :) and we're going out with friends for the first time since we had her...How pathetic are we? At any rate, she's having her first sleep over with Nana and Papa. We'll see how that goes...hopefully better than yesterday.
Caroline is really waving at people now when you wave to her. Its so cute...Daddy and I don't wave bye bye though b/c it makes her cry. We do wave hello though.
We're getting closer to crawling but there's still a fear factor going on. So we do a little bit of an army crawl or the hop on our tushy. She keeps falling over and hitting her head but I'm learning how to NOT react. Its working...no more tears!!!
This a.m. she was pretty crabby b/c mommy and daddy were abandoning her. Fortunately, those days are limited as I've decided to leave my post at Philly Mag full time. I may be doing some consulting work but we're still trying to work out all of the details. I'm so relieved to know that after this month I will have more time with her to do things and take her places. We can't wait to start going to Little Gym regularly!
Here are a few recent pics....
This is not a wet head from the bath. This is Caroline after a nap. I've never seen a kid sweat so much. Is this going to stop or will she be THAT girl?
I heart bathtime hugs!
Caroline loves her daddy..he only likes her a little bit ;)
5 comments:
Happy Birthday! the 14th right? Maybe our baby will have your bday! Good luck leaving her! I was just talking about that w/ a friend yesterday and we are both wondering how HARD it will be to leave the little one w/ someone. I HOPE i can do it, but I'm not counting on it!
Don't worry, i am that sweaty right now too...no one told me that you sweat in TERRIBLE places when you are preggo!!! It's AWFUL!!!
Pam I wish I could tell you it gets better...just wait til the post partum night sweats kick in. ICK!
Its all worth it though!!!
Jen, you're going to have craziness in September with birthdays between the baby and the hubby. I'll never forget Chris' birthday for some reason!
I was laughing so many times when I read your blog! Leaving them is really hard. I don't think I left Jack until he was a year but now I BEG people to take him...seriously:) The separation thing will pass but the sweat might be here to stay!!!
So your bday..what are you like 25 this year? You youngin'!
Finally! I am such a blog stalker...I've been dying for an update. Happy Birthday! What are your plans? I know it will be hard to leave Caroline, but it will be worth it:) I'm with Jill on the begging people to take my kids-sometimes you can't beat a break from being a mommy!
Post a Comment