12.28.2008

Christmas 2008





What a wonderful holiday we had!  Hard to believe Caroline's FIRST Christmas is over....but I am a bit relieved that it is.  Motherhood is truly a challenge at Christmas and I can imagine it only intensifies.  Its just so much to do at once and so much pressure but I kept trying to remember what it was all about and let go of some of that.   Caroline started Christmas early with a visit from Santa and Grandma and Bob Bob on Christmas Eve morning.  We had a nice brunch and then opened presents.   She really had a blast and she loved her gifts from them.   Then we went to Medford for church and dinner and a sleepover at my parents house.  That was a lot of fun and nice to be able to just go to sleep right there and not have to drive....the problem is, sleep was at a minimum that night!  Caroline cried til about 1 a.m. b/c she was out of sorts and over tired.   Dave was on the floor in my old room, Caroline in bed with me and I was just ready to cry.....Merry Christmas right?  But its rare that we have nights like that...we never do so it was okay.  I think she was just excited to see Santa! 

The next morning might have been the cutest ever....Caroline got up at 6 and we waited in our room til about 7 and then we went down.  The first thing she visited under the tree was Elmo Live and he said "Elmo loves you, kiss kiss" and she leaned in and kissed him.  We got it on video so I will post that this week (I PROMISE).   It was so sweet and unprompted.  My mom and I melted when she did it.  She loved all of her presents from her Uncles and Aunt Christine and from her Nana and Papa, Great Grandparents and of course Santa.  It was very sweet!   

The last few days since Christmas we've tried to catch up at home and we're trying to get Caroline back on a good nap schedule.  She just fights me to no end on the afternoon nap and its really getting frustrating.  We're not sure what to do...cut her to one nap a day?  Wake her up early from her first nap so she's tired in the afternoon?  ARGH!  

We did make one trip to see the fishies at the Aquarium and then today we had a play date with Fiona!  This was the first time the girls really interacted Beth and I felt like.  I think Fiona is really changing and growing up and Caroline is a little bit less aggressive than she was before.   She only went for her eyeballs like twice....but Fiona grabbed back....atta girl! 

Hope everyone had a great holiday and has a wonderful New Year.  I can't believe this year is over...the FASTEST year of my life so far!  HANDS DOWN!  

xxxoo




1 comment:

Kelli said...

She is just too cute Sara. The pictures are great!