12.14.2008

Big words and Big Birds...

First off let me say I'm posting this blog from my NEW MacBook and it might be the best early Christmas present EVER!  I'm loving being able to upload photos so fast..haven't tried videos yet but I'll be on to that soon.   

Caroline is filled with new words these days.  Here's our list:
Bye-bye
Mama
Dada
Baby
Duck
Shoes (pronounced tooze)
Socks (pronounced tocks)

I've noticed how much she watches our mouths to mimic what we do or say.  She is doing fishy faces now like her Dada..he has been doing faces at her since she was in utero so she basically is going to be a class clown now.  Its funny. 
I always smell her feet and then do PEE EWWW STINKY and wave my hand in front of my nose.  Today she smelled my feet and waved her hand in front of her nose.   YAY, she's understanding!  

I think the most fun we have is during meal time...though its VERY messy, it seems to be when she's performing for us the most.   We do SOOO big 90 times during every meal....but it never gets old and we practice our sign language.  My kid asked for MORE broccoli today so thats a great sign!

Today we had breakfast with Big Bird, Elmo, Zoey, Telly, Bert and Ernie...as well as The Shockley Family.  Wow, it was so much fun...for all of us.  Caroline was so excited to touch and feel all of the characters and when they sang and dance it was really nice to get up and dance with her.   She loves music so much and loves the characters even more so what a great way to spend the morning.   

Our Christmas tree is up...Caroline likes to sit underneath it and look at it and every once in a while get close enough to touch it but then it prickles her and she pulls her hand away and shakes it.  Very funny...it's good though b/c  I was afraid she'd be pulling it down! 

Davey and I went on a date on Friday night and Grandma Neal babysat...Caroline slept in on Saturday a.m. until 8 a.m. when WE woke her up for a doctors appointment.   I don't know what Grandma did but it would be nice if she babysat every Friday night!!!   Thanks Grandma Neal. 


Enjoy the pics!

PS Caroline is skyping now so if anyone wants to skype with her call us....:) :)  We are listed as Caroline Neal but we have three diff't names on the diff't computers.   Its so fun...this message is for you WEST COASTERS :)


!



1 comment:

alisson boyd said...

Oh, it looks like you guys had so much fun! Don't you just love family outings like that? Seeing my kids so excited about doing new things is one of my favorite parts about being a mom. Just wait until you take her to Disney for the first time!!!