I've been thinking lately about how much motherhood bonds women together. Since having Caroline I feel a different bond with my own mom than ever before b/c now I understand her in a different way....the same goes for my grandmother, my cousin Gina etc. What is really amazing is the changes its brought to my friendships with Beth, Patty, and Pam in this whole 'Pay it forward' sort of way. I feel like each new mom is there to help the newest mom get through it all. I've leaned on Natalie B. who I'm sure leaned on someone else and it all just keeps going and going.
The other great thing is that its b/c of motherhood that some of my oldest friends in the world have set up these blogs and now we're all communicating again...some of us after um 12 years of not speaking at all?! Its crazy....and of course we all have our own interests...some work, some stay at home and so on but what unites us all is that we're moms (or about to become moms) and that is really awesome.
Who knew that I'd be counseling Ali on her youngest daughters baby acne...it seems like just yesterday that we were worried about our own skin and organizing our caboodles....
ah memories.
So...here is a TOP 10 list of Caroline's most recent favorite things:
1. Her leap frog cell phone. She kept eating mine so now she has her own.
2. Mommy's cell phone. (She still keeps eating mine even though she has her own)
3. The tv remote. (noticing a pattern here?)
4. Apples and Green beans...hates peas and is luke warm to peaches.
5. Water
6. Her baby leap frog mirror (she looks at herself and presses on the red crab and it says red craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaab)
7. Sleeping on her tummy
8. Being held by her Great Granny at concerts in the park :) :) :)
9. Her new Lucky Brand sweatshirt from Aunt Gina
10. Her stuffed Ziggy Dog that Papa gave her (it makes her laugh like crazy)
Thats all I can think of for now. I'm planning the biggest event of my career...its Best of Philly but its bigger this year b/c its the 100th anniversary of the magazine and the 35th anniversary of Best of Philly. The party is on Wednesday and I'm burning the candle at both ends. Hopefully I make Caroline and her daddy proud!
4 comments:
I am looking forward to meeting Caroline and to seeing you tomorrow! Who would've thought we all would have babies so close in age and that they would all be girls:) Bring some of that perfume that we wore to impress Joey Rocco...
Oh my gosh, I would rather not relive that Jimmy Jackson experience and forget altogether about what a total loser I was!! It really is great to see what you are up to and to be in contact again. It is funny how being a mom brings people together...I have friends now that I probably never would have talked to before had we not had kids the same age, it's wierd how that happens. I love reading and hearing about what's going on in everyone's lives. Caroline is so adorable and it looks like you married a great guy. I also love your house, by the way...it is so cute. I wish the houses in Florida were half that cute. And you are beautiful, though I am not surprised...you always were! We usually make it up to New Jersey every December and this year I would love to get together with you, Beth, Jill and all of the babies! Good luck with this year's Best of Philly...I can't wait to read all about it.
p.s. I don't think I've heard the word caboodle in about 15 years!
p.p.s. Props to you and Beth for NOT being Michael Bolton fans.
p.p.p.s. Claire has the same onesie on today!
Sara, what a nice post... it was so awesome seeing you Beth, Jill & denise and all of your babies! Caroline is sooo cute! I wish I lived closer, but at least we'll have our BLOGS!!!! xoxo
How did your event go?
Post a Comment