7.06.2008

The Neal's First Family Vacation




We're back from vacation!!! We had a blast and maybe its just b/c I was with Caroline non stop for a week straight (and it was heavenly I might add) but I noticed and so did Dave that she has made major changes in just a week.




When we got to Cape Cod, she could kind of sit up with support (alot of it), by midweek she could sit up but really couldn't hold a toy while she did it and still fell over alot AND today we were at my parents and you betcha, she sits up as straight as can be and doesn't fall over! Its amazing.




We took tons of fun pics on our trip. We didn't do the beach too much but on our first day, Dave and I packed everything up...set up the cabana and Caroline had a meltdown 10 minutes in and we had to go home. Don't you just love new parents?! We're so naive!



We went to the 4th of July parade in Chatham...we went for walks in town, took a day trip to Provincetown (the two mommies had a GLORIOUS day at the spa while the dads babysat...then they met us for lunch), went to the beach in Dennis, went for long walks to get ice cream and all out had family fun time. NOT to mention, adult time with some of our dearest friends and that made the trip even more wonderful.






Luke and Nat have awesome kids....Shane is moving a million miles a minute and is so smart. Danny is the best baby. I mean I thought my kid was good...but he is just so happy and content and a total mama's boy! Caroline loves him a little bit I think....see the pics below, you'll see! I feel like I've learned so much about being a new mommy from Natalie but its usually through email so it was great to see it all firsthand. :) She's awesome with those boys!

So talk about depressing...its Sunday night and Caroline is in bed and our week of uninterrupted family time is over :( . Family vacations are the best...I am seriously so lucky to have such a wonderful husband and precious little girl.
PS: Papa figured out the best way to make her laugh today! She loves the stuffed Bernese that they have(had) at their house! We got a good ten minutes of straight giggles and everyone got to see it!

Be sure to look at our picasa site...all the pics are up there from the trip as well...this is just a little tease!




They heart eachother.






Caroline's 4th of July outfit!



Caroline's Polo bathing suit....she never wore it TO the beach..just in the house! I even laid out a beach towel so she could get the 'feel' of the beach without the wind.






This picture is total blackmail! When Caroline is about 12 I am going to whip this out!





My two favorite people....



3 comments:

Jennifer Battjer said...

Looks like you guys had a great trip! I love Cape Cod. And all the kids together looked so cute!!!

alisson boyd said...

Caroline is so beautiful, so maybe Claire has hope for a pimple-free future! Did your doctor tell you that it could be related to anything you were eating? How long did it take to go away? I'm glad you guys had a great trip! This whole blogging this seriously is addicting...I'm waiting for Beth to start one!

The Neal Family said...

They said it was just sensitive skin...and to avoid any scented soaps etc. It was around for three weeks probably. Did you notice it gets aggravated when she cries?