6.04.2010

Growing up and Getting Larger (yeah thats me)



So we're sitting here watching Wonder Pets (wow this show is painful) and soon we'll be getting ready for another day of camp/school for Caroline! She's such a big girl...I feel like I winked and she grew up over night. Maybe its because I'm about to have another baby, but I'm feeling so sappy about her growing up. Leaving her at camp on Wednesday and walking out of the room made my heart hurt in such a big way knowing how much independence she is gaining. Ah, my last few weeks with her as an only child. Hard to believe....I guess I'm glad in a way that this baby is a boy b/c she can always be my baby girl. See there's always a way to look at things like this :)

I mean the kid sleeps in a big bed, wears undies, rolls her eyes (yup thats right), goes to camp by herself, makes choices about what she likes to eat and what she doesn't..its just CRAZY! I'm really glad that I'm staying at home right now because it makes every moment that more special and I don't feel like I'm missing anything. I also feel like she's doing so well with consistent routine and mommy there every day. Yesterday we were driving to swimming and I was so thankful that I didn't have that stupid blackberry buzzing and making me crazy. Instead, I could turn up the Annie songs and sing along at the top of my lungs with my fun little girl! What a treasure!

I'm feeling okay, tired and trying to take it easy/stay off my feet as much as I can so I can be really ready for delivery! I'm under the 2 week mark (hard to believe) and I just can't wait to hold that sweet little boy. His room is ready to go and everything is washed in Dreft (ah I love that smell). I am so looking forward to the newness of the baby and I will even take the sleepless nights (well for a while anyway). Its going to be a learning curve having a boy but I am ready for it. I'm really ready to NOT be pregnant anymore. Its just not fun...I want to have my body back, to go running, to walk upstairs without getting out of breath and to be able to sleep on my tummy or back!!! But its all worth it. I don't want to forget a moment either because I don't know if we'll ever do it again. I'm not saying anything for certain but I just feel like we've got our one of each and I don't look forward to being pregnant anytime soon again. But we'll see :)

We've had fun lately in this heat though its hard for me to take being so big but we did manage a morning on the beach and some blow up pool time. Caroline and Fiona love to play outside together and both get so hot and sweaty. I do kinda love a sweaty kid though and juice boxes and all the stickiness that goes along with it.

So here are some pictures and one is my enormousness at 37.5 weeks at the beach. Be prepared! LOL

Love to you all!











3 comments:

Jill said...

you look great, sara! if you need any tips about boys, just ask:) can't wait to hear when he arrives
xo

Jennifer Battjer said...

I WISH I looked as awesome as you do pregos! You are a HOTTIE! Can't wait to hear your natural birth story ;) and also to see pics of the little cute boy! Oh and I can't wait for Lila to love ANNIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alisson boyd said...

yeah, i agree...you look GREAT! and that hurt in your heart...it NEVER goes away!!! i feel it about ten times a day for ten different reasons...definitely one of the most bittersweet parts of motherhood. i love that you are loving being home....turn up the music and sing!!!