5.19.2010

Potty Training and 4 weeks to go!

No pictures but a quick update! I've been horrible with the camera lately.
Here's what is new in our house:

We are on day 5 of potty training and its going GREAT! Lots of successes and not so many accidents. I'm so proud of my big girl. Woohoo, might I really only have ONE in diapers? She seems to really get it and is digging the treats she gets as a result of using the potty. I am wondering when I can stop giving those....hmmmmm. We do marshmallows, m&m's or pez. She chooses pez and marshmallows mostly. I eat the m&m's for my reward. I'm sure thats helping the pregnancy weight gain!

We went strawberry picking at Johnsons the other day and she even used the potty there and came home with a dry pull up! Its amazing how excited you can get over that kind of stuff. I haven't changed a diaper in 5 days! I've cleaned up a few accidents but thats to be expected.

Going to see the dr (actually a midwife bc my dr had no appts) tomorrow....I am so over being pregnant. This one has been way more challenging than the first. I know its probably b/c I don't take care of myself the way I did when I was pregnant the first time but I almost feel its a sign that my family will be complete with 2 kids...but I'm not doing anything drastic. We'll see what happens.

My tailbone hurts SO badly that it hurts to go upstairs. I've never had this pain before and I can't wait to talk to the doctor about it to see what she says. It just seems to get worse....I've never even heard of that but of course I googled. I keep my hubby's company (WebMD) in business...I swear.

I have low platelets (also been googling this frequently) so I might not be able to get an epidural but if thats the case its meant to be and I'll take it as it comes. I'm going to talk to the midwife I'm seeing tomorrow about it and see what she says. I had considered it before anyway so maybe its just meant to be. I was at 135,000 and last appt it went down to 126,000. Won't know how low I am until I am in labor but we'll just take it as it comes.

I also feel like I have arthritis in my ankles and my fingers/knuckles.

Anyway, enough complaining. I'm thankful that I am 36 weeks and so far he's moving well and has a strong heartbeat and our family is healthy.

Today is my last day of work and what a big change we're all in for! I'm nervous about how I'll feel about it in a few weeks but I'm ready and really ready for this little boy to get here! I can't wait for all those first moments with our little boy and I'm really ready for the joy that he'll bring to our family.

I promise to post some photos soon. Caroline is changing so much and talking so much...I swear we don't get a word in at our house. She narrates our whole day and tells everyone what to do, when to do it and how to do it. But she's so excited for the arrival of her baby brother and knows he's coming soon. I can't wait to see her face when she meets him for the first time. She's going to be such a great big sister!

xo,
ME

2 comments:

Jill said...

so glad you updated! i hate being pregnant, too!!! i actually got excited reading that you might not be able to have the epidural. i think you would love the experience of going natural...it is like nothing you can imagine! i would love to meet somewhere and have a playdate!

Jennifer Battjer said...

NO EPIDURAL! just tell yourself now... i'm not getting one! lol...
best of luck sara! can't wait to hear everything when our little boy arrives.
wtg caroline on the potty training!