4.12.2010

Okay, so I'm getting puffy. It started. I'm miserable over it. I hate being puffy. My rings feel tight. My flip flops dent my feet. ICK. I don't mean to complain but ick. HATE it. 9.5 weeks to go (unless he's like his sister and comes late). I'm tired tired tired and have had to take some time off my feet and relax a bit since I've been non-stop on the go for weeks on end but feeling good now. Just gotta remember to drink my water and take care of myself! Baby is kicking like crazy and it feels like he is taking up the entire tummy! Speaking of, I guess I should post a picture of this big belly! I'll make Dave take one this week. :)

Did some shopping for the little guy and the nursery is almost finished. Its nice to shop for boy stuff but I'm not diggin the clothes. Why does everything say "Mommy's Little All Star" or have a dog on it?

Caroline has been great lately....enjoying time outside and riding in her little tikes car. We go to the park alot and are enjoying swimming more now that we don't have to bundle up with coats and go outside with wet hair afterwards.

Big developments around here are that I've decided to take some long time off after baby comes and I'm not sure if I will go back. I plan on trying the SAHM thing and we'll see where it takes us. I really struggle with sending Caroline for to a sitter and I can't fathom the thought of sitting in an office with my breast pump yet again. NO THANKS. So we'll see how it goes....I'm actually really excited but a little nervous.

The construction is coming along...we're finally in the painting phase and Dave will lay the hardwood floor this weekend. I really believe by the end of April that we'll be in our new room. Our bathroom is finished and just needs the finishing touches. I just can't make any decisions about bedding, bath rugs etc....I wish I had more style! I can't wait to have the room redone and the new bathroom for when the baby comes...it will be really nice to have an updated space and more room for stuff. I'm so thankful we were able to do it....though we'd like to live in another town, now is just not the time and our charming old house will always hold a special place in our hearts since we'll have both babies having this be their first home!

Stressful topic in our house right now even more than construction is names! We have a short list and sometimes I will spring a new one on Dave but most times he doesn't like them. HAHA. He likes two and I"m not sold on them necessarily. He says we didn't know Caroline's (though we did have it narrowed to two at least) and so we shouldn't worry. But I will continue to pester. :)

Caroline's newest behavior that I've been noticing is that she changes her mind every 30 seconds. From bagel, no cereal, no bagel , no cereal...then its about what show we'll watch, or does she want juice or milk. As soon as I give her the final choice, she cries and says she wanted the other. Its a fun game. Makes me crazy most days but sometimes I have to just laugh b/c I know its all about being able to make decisions on her own and I'm proud of her for that.
She also is having FULL ON CONVERSATIONS with me...and ends everything with 'okay? okay?'. Yeah Caroline....got it. We lay in bed every night and do Jack and Jill or we just talk about her day. Its my favorite part of the day I think...she's so sweet and full of exciting things to tell me. For example, last night she told me that Davis who she saw over the weekend, had hummus breath. I don't know WHERE she gets it :)

Here are some of our bedtime videos. My favorite is Humpty Dumpty with Jack and Jill at the end...Love to you all! xoxo








4 comments:

Sweet Treats and Baby Feet said...

I love reading your updates cause I end up laughing out loud. The part about Caroline not making up her mind...I was so there about a year ago! I can't believe you are so far along in your pregnancy. I hate the end (and the beginning and middle, too) but I am sure you look great!
The videos are precious, she is so clear in her speech. Wow, time flies...I remember the first pics I saw of her on your blog and now she is such a little girl:)
As far as being a sahm I am sure you will love it. There are moments that are insane but overall it is an amazing experience!! Welcome to the club!!!

Jennifer Battjer said...

adorable videos...
sorry you are starting to feel miz! that sux.. before you know it he will b here!!!!
being a sahm is HARD (espec with high needs ;)), but I would not give it up for anything. You will love it!!

alisson boyd said...

i vote for mommy's little allstar clothes all the way ;) that's hilarious! can't believe how big caroline is getting and that the baby will be here so soon...why does time have to fly by so fast? i really think that you are going to love staying at home...so excited for you :) i do think you are going to love it! ok....where are the belly pics?!

The Banta Family said...

boys clothes are tough...try old navy they have adorable and affordable clothes..like real man clothes in little sizes!!!! Can't wait to meet the little guy!