So we're on Day 10 and both kids are sleeping right now....ah bliss. So I thought I'd take the opportunity to blog about the past week a bit.
Luke is doing pretty well - he's eating like a champ and sleeping as he should. He does really well each night until about 1:30 or 2 and then he's awake every hour. Usually by 4:30 he's just fussing and has a clean diaper, is fed and I've learned that if I pick him up and put him in bed with me, he passes out until sometimes 7 a.m. He just seems to want the comfort of Mommy and I'll do whatever it takes to get more sleep! He's different than his sister in that he likes to be held more than she did but he also HATES to be fussed with and hates a wet or dirty diaper. So sometimes he cries just because he needs to be changed and usually after he's changed ,he's happy as can be.
We don't really have a schedule yet because he's so new but I can see one starting to develop. The morning is usually the same and we start early. No more lounging around in bed with Caroline until 8 a.m. She's ready to go and wants to see her brother immediately. Luke sleeps on and off all day obviously and we just try to keep Caroline entertained until nap time. Its just hard with it being 90 degrees out - one is inside and one wants to be out. But we're managing - largely in part to our new video monitor! How did I live without that before?
Bed time for Caroline is 8 p.m. so we really try to either do Luke's routine before then OR after but not during. She loves her bedtime routine and we have our silly rituals that we do and I think its super important to keep up with all of those. We've created a game where we touch elbow to elbow, belly to belly (her favorite), knee to knee, eye to eye and then lips to lips for our goodnight kisses! Pretty stinking sweet! We also read "I wish that I had Duck Feet" every single night. This has been going on for 3 weeks and I'd REALLY like a replacement for this book but she loves it. I can recite every word...she's pretty close. LOL
So far she's doing okay...she loves her brother immensely and is super concerned with where he is or what he's doing all of the time. She gets up on a stool to watch diaper changes and help with whatever Mommy or Daddy need and gives him kisses on his head all the time. She is having some issues with sharing stuff with him...like the papasan seat for example....we let her sit in it b/c its not like she could break it or anything but if we even walk near it with him in our arms, she beelines for it and sits in it claiming its her turn. The other day he was sleeping in his pack and play and let out a cry and she said "NO LUKE ITS MY TURN". Pretty funny actually.
So we're all adjusting and so far its going as well as can be expected! The biggest challenge I'm having is trying to figure out how to get stuff done or get out of the house with both of them. Its still early to take Luke out...and I'm scared of the germs but its nice to get the chance to run errands. This past week I ordered my groceries online, which I am PRETTY SURE I will continue to do all the time. It was seriously AWESOME!
I'm feeling great...I just have alot of aches and pains. It feels like fluid settled in my joints and I can't wait for that to subside. Advil is my friend :)
So we'll continue to find our groove and we'll make shortcuts like ordering groceries online because it works for us. We're just really blessed to have these two kiddos in our lives and being a family of four feels really really special. Even if I'm more exhausted than I've ever been! HAHA.
More pictures are coming...and Amy Ro took more pics today and she'll post them soon. I'll link to her blog once they're up. I can't wait to see them!!!!
xxoo,
S
2 comments:
It definitely sounds like you are really getting into a groove! I am with you on the whatever it takes to get sleep! Both of my girls slept in bed with me until they were about 4mos old bc it was the only way we could sleep!
Love the bedtime rituals :)
LOVE the bedtime routine and i love that you are keeping it the same for caroline...you're such a good mommy :) i know what you mean about it feeling special being a family of four...i love that feeling when you add a baby to the family and it just feels complete. soon you will not be able to imagine that it was ever only just you, dave and caroline....crazy how that happens. i think i need to stop reading your blog because it makes me want to keep having babies!
and by the way...tell me more about ordering groceries online...jealous!
Post a Comment