12.17.2009

Tis the Season



Right now I am watching Home Alone and I just finished wrapping most of Caroline's gifts....I really am trying to feel more in the spirit but sometimes the gift giving and wrapping and shopping etc seems like so much work.  This year I'm just tired from being pregnant, struggling to find time to get the things done that I need to get done and overwhelmed.  Thankfully I have a husband who likes to help out with the shopping and will take Caroline anywhere or do anything so I can get a break!  

I'm officially in the second trimester today!  I am so excited...it feels like I've been pregnant forever already b/c we found out so early this time around.   I'm feeling great and just really excited to feel a kick or something to make it feel more real!  Caroline kicked right at 20 weeks so maybe in another month I'll feel something!  

We've told Caroline that she's getting a baby brother or sister but I'm pretty certain she doesn't get it yet.   She does however punch me in the belly when she's mad so maybe she does?! LOL. 

Here's a list of Caroline's favorite things just because I haven't done that lately:

  1. The Wiggles
  2. Santa (seriously obsessed with this big fat guy)
  3. Rudolph
  4. Play Doh
  5. Pizza
  6. Treats (ice cream, cookies, anything mom labels as a treat...which works even when its pears or peaches)
  7. Going out for Sushi (tooshi) - she eats everything we give her (nothing raw), but dumplings, tofu, salad, edamame, shrimp roll.  She eats so healthy when we're there and loves it...I've even found some cooked rolls that will hold me over until June!!! 
  8. Bagels and Cream Cheese
  9. Christmas Lights
  10. Fiona's House and Fiona's Piano
  11. Stuffed Animals (seriously at night, she goes into bed with at least 12...we have to talk about who goes in etc....and she has so many friends that she totes around.  Today the friends were Mickey and Minnie and Rudolph got dumped...sad for him)
  12. Playing Lips (putting on chapstick)
  13. Playing Store (she puts a purse on her shoulder and says "See ya later, Bye" and usually comes back with an apple for me or Dave.  
  14. Meeshka Mooshka Mickey Mouse (need I say more)
  15. Singing (seriously never stops...sings throughout every car ride, makes up words...I wish I could capture that voice in my memory)
She's full of personality and as entertaining as they come.   She seems to be coming out of her shell a bit more around strangers as well which is refreshing b/c she was so quiet and still whenever we were in the presence of someone she didn't know well.  Now she carries on like usual.  At music class now, she's all over the place and no longer sits glued to my lap! 

She talks about her Aunts and Uncles and friends all the time.  Sings songs with their names in them and is just so excited about the idea of seeing any of her grandparents or great grandparents.  She REALLY is going to be over the top with Christmas....so much fun for her to see everyone!! With or without all the gifts that go along with it!!!  

Here are a few funny things she says that I also never want to change b/c when they do, I know its a sign that my little girl is growing up. 

  • When she wants the light on in the hallway she screams LIGHT OFF LIGHT OFF
  • When she wants you to pick her up she says Carry You
  • When she sings the clean up song she says "Team Up, Team Up"
  • Her boots are her boops :)
  • Happy Holidays = Happy Days
  • She says "Santa says HO, HO, HOOOOOOO" with attitude
  • When she wants to put on boops, or jewelry or clothes she says MON, MON or WEAR IT
  • When she hears Daddy come in the door she says 'Hear it?'
  • When she doesn't like a book or a movie or something in general scares her she says "No like him" and shakes her head and gestures for you to remove/change/eliminate whatever the problem is IMMEDIATELY. 
  • At bed time, after we do kisses through every bar in the crib she lays down on her back and screams "I LOVE YOU MOMMY.  I LOVE YOU DADDY" and it melts our hearts every time.   We make a game out of it and say it back and it goes on for at least 5 minutes.   Another thing I want captured but I guess just a memory of it will have to do. 
  • When its someone's birthday she doesn't say Happy Birthday...she says Happy Birthday Cake.  My girl has her priorities in the right place...let me tell you :)
Well anyway...thats all for now.   Feels good to download all that has been going on!  I do think I am going to be changing the URL of the blog for one, to eliminate C's name in the title and also to include our second precious gift!   I'm not sure what will happen when I do it, but I will send out the new address before I change it!  I hope the whole thing transfers over!  

PS I plan on posting a belly shot soon.   Dave has to take some pics this weekend for me!!! I have NO pics of me pregnant with Caroline and so regret that!! 

xxoo, 
S

2 comments:

cwel said...

Love your new picture and congrats again with the next one. Hope you and the family have a merry Christmas.

alisson boyd said...

LOVE the post. and I still have tears from the part about bedtime :) sooo sweet!!!! there are so many things i remember about my girls when they were younger and it seems like a lifetime ago. it all goes by so fast :(