8.19.2009

Summer!


So something has inspired me to update after a very long break in posting.   I guess I'm getting nervous that without a record of what has been happing, I won't remember.  I'm realizing every day how hard it is to recall those little memories. 

Summer has been great and Caroline has been changing so much.   The option of going outside and swimming in her baby pool or running through the sprinkler is SO nice.  I really don't know what we'll do in the winter months now that she's so active.  I'll need alot of playdates to keep us busy!!!!!

She's putting a few words together to make sentences...She asks 'Where is it?' when she can't find something and puts her hands up in front of her face...its too sweet!   She tells us to put the food on her tray "right there" and officially knows the answer to "What is YOUR name?".  Its no longer 'baby' but CAROLINE!  YAY.   

We are talking to eachother alot and she answers questions when I ask her what she wants...she's very opinionated in fact.  ESPECIALLY about books.   
ME;  Do you want to read Goodnight Moon Caroline?  
Caroline:  NAH.  
ME:  Moo, Baa, La La La?  
Caroline: NAH
ME:  How about Mr. Brown can Moo?
Caroline:  Ok, Mommy.  

She memorizes songs, stories, t.v. shows.  Loves to sing the alphabet...loves to count.   I feel like every day she is showing us something new that she's learned.  

She insists on every single animal going in the crib with her at night...doggy, bunny, flamingo, hippo...every blankie....and its taking longer at night to get through the bedtime ritual.  She seems to be very aware that she is alone now when we leave the room and is going through all of the growing 'pains' (for lack of  a better word) that go with them.   

We've been struggling through the evenings after I am at work b/c she's pretty fussy/tired/mad in general and just OFF her schedule.  It's wearing on me for sure.   Its so hard to find a happy place in all of it.  UGH

Caroline is still eating really great and trying new things all the time.  I'm definitely lucky in that regard...I"m certain it won't always be that easy.  Getting INTO the high chair and sitting down for meals is not always so easy...we get the back arch, the arms straight up...you know the 'noodle' in an attempt to avoid sitting in the chair.  She's really exerting her independence. 

Well, hard to believe but summer is almost over...I am so happy about that b/c I'm ready for cooler weather and an easier time playing outside....I can't stand lathering up the sunscreen, the bug spray and dealing with the heat!   I'm not so sure I'm ready for coats and cold weather but I'm ready to see what fall/winter will bring.  

Much love to everyone.  

xxoo, S 

1 comment:

Sweet Treats and Baby Feet said...

Her hair is getting so long. Sounds like you are having a nice summer. Let's play soon:)