This week and weekend have been crazy. Dave was away all week and let me tell ya...being a single parent to a 9 month old STINKS! I survived though and missed my hubby terribly. Caroline was pretty sad too I think.
The past two days Caroline boycotted her afternoon naps and I'm not sure what that's about but regardless I am totally exhausted. Bert and Christine stopped by tonight before they leave for the wedding (gosh I can't believe its already here) and they helped me keep her awake until 7 (normal bed time)! We survived and she was totally delirious. Cute though b/c she's giggly when she's like that. I just don't know what is going on with the naps...it seems like if I try to put her down too early then she fights it with all her might and if I go too late she's just over tired and won't do it. We even drove around in the car for 40 minutes with no success. UGH....we'll try again tomorrow.
So whats new....OH, she gives big wet open mouth kisses now which is so sweet and she puts her hands up when we ask her how big the baby is. Its so fun. She's such a big girl. She also had the biggest laughing attack EVER the other day playing a game of PEE EWWWW your stinky with my shoes. But now she won't do it anymore...she never belly laughs so it was such a treat for me. I just wish my hubby had been home to see it. :(
We visited the doctor on Friday and she's still 95th percentile for height. I think she's gonna stay that way too! She was much more difficult at the doctor this time around in terms of getting her dressed and undressed and she was pretty squirmy for the doctor. I remember the first few appts being so easy! She took her shots like a trooper and as usual I was more worked up by them than she was.
So we leave Friday for Mexico already....can't believe its here. Aunt Carrie and Grandma will be here for the weekend. Caroline is going to have a blast...and mommy and daddy will be knee deep in Modelo and margaritas :) Not like it will take much for me, but I am very excited to be away with my hubby and feel footloose and fancy free! Seriously though....I will miss Caroline so much but not having to wake up at 6 a.m. will feel really really nice! Lots to do this week to prepare to go away and I have the Phila. Whiskey Festival on Wednesday...TYPICAL!
5 comments:
I can't imagine if Chris starts traveling again... it would be SO hard to do it alone! Wait, she tells you how big the baby is? Are you pregos again???? Confused! So jealous about Mexico! Margaritas and modelos sounds amazing. I had one beer last night during the eagles and I was buzzed. ONE BEER QUEER!
I can't believe Bert is gettting married. Even though he's older than us I still picture him chasing us with a broom stick and trying to beat us! It's sounds like you guys are having a blast with Caroline! We would love to meet her...let's set something up. I have a toddler who loves to show little girls how to wreck a playroom:)
OK... i'm an idiot. Just realized the comment about going to Mexico and having beers & ritas.. .of course you are not pregnant!!!!!
nooooooooooooo not pregnant!
i don't work mondays or fridays ever. i only work tuesdays but it flip flops between tues/weds and weds/thurs. lets do it jill!!!
jen move home. byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
At this point I wish I could move home. I need some Mommy playdates!
Post a Comment