Luke is 3.5 months already...how did that happen? He's smiling a ton and starting to laugh a little bit. I can't make him laugh with anything I do in particular but he does giggle when he gets tickled. Every day, the more time I spend with him, the more I fall in love with this little man. I want him to stay a baby forever! We had a rough few weeks of sleep with him where he started waking up more often but I'm sleep training him in my own way...if he wakes up and its before 3:30 a.m. he gets the paci in his mouth and no food. Last night, he slept right through til 3:30 again...YIPEE! Eventually the plan is to extend that to 5 a.m. by not feeding him (the paci again) until 5 a.m. wake ups and so on. Seems to be working and he's getting the picture and waking up as happy and hungry as can be :) He is no longer swaddled and is doing really well with that. I'm glad we are done with that for sure! He was fighting it all night and grunting!
Hard to believe that I started Caroline on cereal etc at 4 months and formula (though I was working)....Definitely not there and now with the formula recalls I'm really glad I didn't start that yet! We're doing well with the way it is now and we'll see what happens...I do like the freedom of the bottle though and the boy is definitely thriving.
Caroline started school...she's doing great. Though AFTER school, she's a nightmare. So wound up and hard to get her to calm down for a good while. I've pushed her naps back to 2 p.m. or so and that seems to help. Her teachers all seem really terrific and I love getting those adorable art projects! Hard to believe she's so grown up.
She is talking in full blown sentences and you can even talk to her on the phone, at length. Its just crazy how fast it happens. She's been really great with Luke lately...she loves him to death and says the cutest things to him. "I'm so proud of you bud"...or "I love you Lukey Duke"....he cries in the car alot (yeah fun) and she was screaming to him last week "Calm down a little bit bud"....over and over and over. I was wishing for a pair of headphones and my own dvd player in the front seat at that point :)
We are really excited for the Fall and really excited for our new/old friends, The Boyds to be in town. We've had a bunch of fun play dates and Caroline adores the big girls.
We are back at Wahoos doing swimming and Caroline starts private lessons this week. We tried ballet for two classes but I've decided its too structured for now...I want her to just have fun and play!!!
And Mom and Dad...well we're tired. Dave is working like crazy and trying to close business for the end of his sales year and I'm worn out from no time off from the kids. There's days where I feel bad for myself and miss my professional life and then there are days that I wouldn't want to give it up for the world and I realize I'm truly blessed and lucky to have the opportunity to share these days and moments with my babies. But motherhood can sometimes feel lonely and exhausting, but I do know that it is growing pains and I will find my way and my groove. You know life isn't always easy...we all know that and everyone has their own trouble spots...I know how truly lucky I am so thats what matters.
xxoo,
S
2 comments:
Sara, I learned to swim at Wahoos! wow, I feel old. Your kids are beautiful and I know you're the best mommy ever!
can't believe i'm just now reading this..i've been such a blog slacker. you never have to be lonely....i'm always just a text away and always dying to hang out ;) we need to start planning our girls night out escape and make it happen! maybe when you get back from your trip? and oh..i love how caroline calls luke "bud"...too adorable!
Post a Comment